What should I get my nurse friend?
These practical gifts are meant to make them a little more comfortable, organized and stylish during their long shifts.
- Compression Socks. Long hospital shifts on your feet can be grueling.
- Drink Tumbler.
- Stethoscope Tag.
- Lightweight Zip Jacket.
- ID Badge Holder.
- Multi-Pocket Messenger Bag.
What do you get a nursing student?
7 Gift Ideas for Nursing Students
- Shoes (by way of gift card) Nurses spend a lot of time on their feet, so comfortable footwear is a must.
- Penlight. Healthcare workers need a penlight.
- Aluminum storage clipboard.
- A good book.
- Nursing student tool kit, flashcards, and study guides.
What do nurses really want?
Nurses deserve to have their education, skills and understanding of patient care acknowledged and appreciated. 2. Safe nurse staffing. When there aren’t enough nurses on the unit, it raises every nurse’s stress level, short-changes patient care and increases the possibility of a medical error.
Do nurses have to buy their own stethoscope?
A stethoscope is one of the most important items in a nurse’s arsenal. Students are required in most nursing school programs to purchase one and have it available during clinicals at all times.
What Every nurse should have in her bag?
The most common supplies nurses have in their bags are:
- Scissors and Micropore Medical Tape.
- Lotion and Hand Sanitizer.
- Six saline flushes.
- Retractable pens.
- Sanitary items – gauze, sterilized mask and gloves, cotton balls.
- OTC pharmacy items (cold medicines, ibuprofen and other emergency meds)
What is the best quality stethoscope?
Here are the best stethoscopes on the market.
- Best Overall: 3M Littmann Classic III Stethoscope.
- Best for ICU and ER: Littmann 3200 Electronic Stethoscope.
- Best for Pediatric Nurses: ADC Adscope 618 Pediatric Stethoscope.
- Best for Nursing Students: 3M Littmann Lightweight II S.E. Stethoscope.