Is Sprite good for nausea?
Drink plenty of ﬂuids in small sips until the stomach is settled and then in larger amounts until your thirst is satisfied. Clear liquids are the best. Water, Gatorade, Sprite, 7-Up, and Ginger Ale are suggested. Clear broth, plain Jell—O and weak tea may also be used but in smaller amounts.
Why does Coke help with nausea?
“Carbonation can help to reduce the total acidity of the stomach, which may help the nausea dissipate,” Dr. Szarka says. Because many people associate sweet flavors with contentment, a soda might further help bring that queasy feeling under control.
What can I drink to stop nausea?
Use a clear liquid diet to reduce the feeling of nausea. Liquids such as apple juice, cranberry juice, lemonade, fruitades, broth, Gatorade®, ginger ale, 7-Up®, popsicles, gelatin, tea, or cola are usually well tolerated.
What can you take to stop feeling sick?
Things that may help you stop feeling sick
- get plenty of fresh air.
- distract yourself – for example, listen to music or watch a film.
- take sips of a cold drink – some people find fizzy drinks best.
- drink ginger or peppermint tea.
- eat foods containing ginger – such as ginger biscuits.
- eat smaller, more frequent meals.
What is best medicine for nausea?
What types of medications are available to treat nausea and vomiting?
- Meclizine hydrochloride (Bonine) is an antihistamine that is effective in the treatment of nausea, vomiting, and dizziness associated with motion sickness.
- Dimenhydrinate (Dramamine) also is an antihistamine.
Does ibuprofen stop nausea?
Taking ibuprofen as directed is a better choice for reducing aches and pains associated with vomiting. However, ibuprofen can irritate the stomach in some people, so people should take it with care. Also, ibuprofen can affect the kidneys, which may already be affected by dehydration.