What foods should I avoid for lactose intolerance?
Do not eat or drink the following sweets & desserts because they contain lactose.
- Cookies, cakes, pies, pastries, desserts with milk.
- Cream or cheese filled pastries.
- Fudge, coated candies, & chocolates.
- Pudding & custard.
- Sherbet, ice milk, ice cream.
- Toffee, butterscotch, or caramels.
- Whipped cream.
What is the best lactose-free milk brand?
- Organic Valley Lactose-Free 0% Milk Fat Milk. This is the milk I drink most often because it doesn’t cause any discomfort, is very flavorful and doesn’t have any aftertaste!
- Smart Balance Lactose-Free, Fat-Free and Omega-3 Milk.
- Horizon Lactose-Free Organic Fat-Free Milk.
- Lactaid Fat-Free Milk 100% Lactose-Free.
Why do I fart after drinking milk?
Articles On Lactose Intolerance Symptoms Do you often feel bloated and gassy after you drink milk or eat ice cream? If you do, you might have a very common condition called lactose intolerance. It makes it hard or impossible for your body to digest a type of sugar in milk and dairy products that’s called lactose.
Can you drink protein shakes if you are lactose intolerant?
People who are lactose intolerant can consume whey protein with no lactose. This helps them get the nutrients they need without experiencing adverse symptoms.
How do I know I’m lactose intolerant?
Many people who have gas, belly pain, bloating, and diarrhea suspect they may be lactose-intolerant. The best way to check this is to avoid eating all milk and dairy products to see if your symptoms go away. If they do, then you can try adding small amounts of milk products to see if your symptoms come back.
Why am I suddenly lactose intolerant?
It’s possible to become lactose intolerant all of a sudden if another medical condition—such as gastroenteritis—or prolonged abstinence from dairy triggers the body. It is normal to lose tolerance for lactose as you age.